Eton Hand Crank AM/FM Weather Alert Radio/Smartphone Charger
The American Red Cross encourages everyone to be prepared for emergencies and disasters. Since these events can strike suddenly, individuals and families can make a difference by gathering important emergency supplies, making a plan and being informed.
Being Red Cross Ready is to join the ranks of the millions of people who are preparing themselves today to face and overcome tomorrow’s emergencies. Simple preparedness actions can equip people with the necessities that can make all the difference should an emergency occur.
• This all-purpose, rechargeable weather alert radio with solar panel and hand turbine power generator will keep you in the know, on alert, and well connected. No emergency kit is complete without it.
• When the “Alert” function is on, the radio will automatically broadcast emergency weather alerts for your area such as hurricanes, tornadoes and severe storms.
• Stay in tune and up to date with this AM/FM/NOAA weather band digital radio with display and alarm clock. If you want more than just the radio, there’s an AUX-input to play your own tunes. And, when you want to listen alone, just plug in your favorite headphones.
• The FRX3 powers up in multiple ways—via solar panel, hand crank, built-in rechargeable battery, or traditional batteries.
• Crank the hand turbine for one minute and you’ll produce enough power for 15-20 minutes of music, news and weather. Or simply charge it in the sun using the built- in solar panel. You can also use the mini USB cable to charge the FRX3’s built-in rechargeable battery or pop in a couple of AAA batteries.
• To charge your smartphone, simply plug it into the USB port. Power will automatically “dump charge” to your phone, just like plugging into the wall.
• The bright LED flashlight is always handy…at home, at the office, or even in the car. And the red flashing beacon is ideal for emergencies. Thanks to the glow-in-the-dark locator, the FRX3 is always easy to find.
• 2012 GOOD DESIGN Award for Etón FRX Field Radio Line. The oldest and world's most recognized program for design excellence worldwide. All awards and winners are posted on the Museum's website at chi-athenaeum.org