Eton Hand Crank AM/FM Weather Alert Radio/Bluetooth
Need a weather alert radio that’s rugged(1), rechargeable, and reliable, not to mention solar-powered, splashproof(2), smartphone charging and with S.A.M.E. technology? The FRX5 is just the ticket. With a 2000mAh rechargeable lithium battery, super-duper solar panel and hand crank power generator, it’s an essential for every emergency kit— at home, at work, or in the great outdoors.
• When the “Alert” function is on, the radio will automatically broadcast NOAA emergency weather alerts for your area such as hurricanes, tornadoes and severe storms. Plus, the FRX5 also features S.A.M.E. technology (Specific Area Message Encoding) to customize alerts for your specific location. Just enter your S.A.M.E. county code and if there’s a warning, watch or advisory you’ll see it—with flashing red, orange or green lights—and hear about it, too. You can set up to 25 locations so you’ll be safe, wherever you are.
• Stay in tune and up to date with this AM/FM/NOAA weather band digital radio with display and alarm clock. If you want more than just the radio, there’s an AUX-input to play your own tunes. And, when you want to listen alone, just plug in your favorite headphones.
• The FRX5 powers up in four fabulous ways—via solar panel, hand crank, built-in rechargeable lithium battery, or three alkaline batteries.
•The super-sized solar panel will charge the battery fully in 5-6 hours. Looking for alternative sources of energy? Crank the hand turbine for four minutes and you’ll produce enough power for 10-15 minutes of music, news and weather or one minute of talk time. You can also use the micro-USB cable to charge the FRX5’ built-in rechargeable battery or pop in a three of AAA batteries if you want to go old school.
• To charge your smartphone, simply plug it into the 5V 2.1A USB port. Power will automatically “dump charge” to your phone, just like plugging into the wall. The FRX5 will fully charge most smartphones once and can also charge tablets.
• Shine the bright LED flashlight to find yourway. Use the glow-in-the-dark locator and illuminated buttons when you’re in the dark. And for big-time emergencies, flash the red emergency beacon.
• The built-in, top mounted, dimmable ambient light on the top of the FRX5 provides just the right amount of light for the family to still enjoy a relaxing conversation or dinner even while the storm rages outside. Use it to light the tent on your next camping trip.
• The FRX5 has an IPX4 splashproof rating(2) so neither sleet nor snow nor rain will hamper its performance. Ideal for camping trips or river expeditions.
1 – Drop-proof from a height of 3.3ft (1m). Drop protection varies depending on drop conditions.
2 – Water resistant to IEC 60529 IPX4. It is not waterproof and should not be immersed in water.